06 March 2011

Detour to a Disaster Zone

Just a quick note to let you know Shalane and I have recently detoured to Christchurch following the devastating news of the earthquake.  We hitched over from Greymouth having spent a week there with a fractured foot and volunteered for just over a week with the  UC Student Volunteer Army.  I can't begin to tell you how heartbreaking it is seeing so many homes lost and the pure carnage the quake has caused, not to mention the loss of loved ones and the long term stress and sleepless nights the people of Christchurch have had to endure.  However, the attitude and strength, the kindness and generosity shown from all Cantabrions would make me feel very proud if I was a Kiwi and I can only wish every body the luck and strength to carry on rebuilding what was, and always will be a beautiful city.

Shalane and I will continue Te Araroa as of tomorrow and are looking forward to the remainder of the adventure.  I promise I will try and keep my blog more up to date than I have recently :-)

7 comments:

Me Bucket List Mate said...

Thanks for your help and kindness to christchurch.
I apreciate the friendship we have and will remember the two hitchhikers i picked up who camp on our lawn and helped our city in its time on need

Unknown said...


Healthisgod.com is the only complete health and wellness website that you may describe as it yours. We created a site that introduces the collection of health and lifestyle information supported by reliable content providers and genuine user reviews. This is a sincere effort on our part to bring forth a user experience which is engaging, moving, and interactive. Visit for more- Health is God

Unknown said...

I found this post very exciting. I think you will have any other post on this topic? I am also sending it to my friend to enjoy your working style. Cheers! Read more Kim kardashian sex tape and Mia Khalifa Sex video and Sunny Leone Sexy Movie

Unknown said...

Top Wellness Guru is a health-related website, with continuous use of this you will find important tips to make your health even better, we have created this site with the help of some other helpers, all those helpful and especially faithful. We are able to share the solution of the health problems with the help of them, which is faced by you on daily basis; this site is completely honestly created. http://topwellnessguru.com

Keto Primal said...

Supplements For Fitness often caused by weight gain, which will allow you to increase physical activity. Increasing exercise is one of the best things you can do to lose weight and keep it healthy. All this is offered through 100% natural and organic matter.There is also a significant difference between these two products in the form of side
https://www.supplementsforfitness.com/

healthwellnesstips said...

Useful data. I'm really very happy to browse this kind of terminology and wording. Cheers with regard to offering persons this kind of simple data. Great walk-through. I like this kind of distribute.
Fitness "write for us"

Healthy Advisor said...

I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed. Keep up the good work.
Beauty + write for us"

Post a Comment